Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 11/30/2016
- For the First Time Ever, the F-35B Takes-Off at Sea With Full Weapons Load and Drops Live-BombsKris Osborn For the first time in history, the F-35B took off from a ship with a full-load of weapons. Integrating the F-35B will change tactics on-board amphibious assault ships … More
- U.S. airstrikes from carrier Eisenhower top 1,000 against ISIS in Iraq and SyriaBy: Sam McNeil and Petr David Josek, The Associated Press USS EISENHOWER, Persian Gulf — One after another, fighter jets catapult from the flight deck of the USS Eisenhower, a … More
- Marines Pound USS America’s Deck With F-35Bs: VIDEOS!By COLIN CLARK ABOARD THE USS AMERICA: Somewhere near San Diego on the Pacific Ocean, the Marines have been putting F-35Bs and their pilots through a series of qualifications and tests with … More
- J-20 “Mighty Dragon” stealth fighterNOVEMBER 14, 2016 | 09:45 GMT The J-20 “Mighty Dragon” stealth fighter flies above Zhuhai, China, on Nov. Forecast China’s new stealth fighter, the J-20A Mighty Dragon, showcases the Chinese … More
- China claims its first aircraft carrier is now ready for combatThe Liaoning in 2012. (AP Photo/Xinhua, Li Tang, File) China’s first aircraft carrier is now ready to engage in combat, marking a milestone for a navy that has invested heavily … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 11/13/2016
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700 Wednesday, 4 January 2017, NAS Oceana O’Club
The November 2016 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Tomcat Brick
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Statue bases or Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 11/17/2016
HRANA Squadron January Luncheon
When: 1130, Wednesday, 18 January 2017
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
HRANA Squadron Christmas Party
When: 1800-20000, Saturday, 10 December 2016
Where: Atlantic Shores, Magnolia Room
RSVP no later than Monday 5 December to Kent Von Fecht at email@example.com.
For More Info: Click Here
Articles Updated: 11/28/2016
- How Much of an Advantage Is China’s Aircraft Carrier?
- Road to 350: What Does the US Navy Do Anyway?
- 12 Carriers and 350 Ships: A Strategic Path Forward from President Elect Donald Trump
- The CVN, at Full Speed, But Going Where?
- Pentagon Could Look to Close Bases Without BRAC Authorization
- Navy’s personnel policy fiasco is an important lesson for leaders
- Where America’s aircraft carriers are now
- In its waning days, the USS Enterprise may hold opportunities for the shipyard that built it
- Commentary: Why Putin is unleashing his only aircraft carrier
- Report proposes canceling U.S. aircraft carriers, investing in lasers to combat Russia and China
The Need For Aircraft Carriers And Maritime Patrol/Helicopters