Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 04/28/2016
- Pentagon Still Unsure If It Needs More Growlers; Boeing Says Production Restart Would Be PossibleBy: Megan Eckstein An E/A-18G Growler assigned to the Wizards of Electronic Attack Squadron (VAQ) 133 takes off from USS John C. Stennis’ (CVN 74) flight deck on November 15, … More
- As USS George Washington prepares for midlife overhaul, sailors fuel day-to-day operationsBy Courtney Mabeus The Virginian-Pilot ABOARD THE USS GEORGE WASHINGTON As Super Hornets and Growlers pounded the deck dozens of feet above them, sailors sprawled across a dim hallway deep … More
- Lawmakers to block shutdown of Navy’s 10th air wingMeghann Myers, Navy Times The Navy’s plan to shutter an air wing and develop refueling and reconnaissance drones have hit headwinds. Air warfare director Rear Adm. Mike Manazir defended those proposals in … More
- Drone command center set up on U.S. aircraft carrierBy Richard Tomkins The USS Carl Vinson hosts the U.S. Navy’s first carrier-borne UAV command center. U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 3rd Class Eric Coffer. SAN DIEGO, April … More
- USS Harry S. Truman sets Navy record for dropping bombs against Islamic StateBy Brock Vergakis The Virginian-Pilot NORFOLK Aircraft flying from the Norfolk-based carrier USS Harry S. Truman have set a Navy record for the amount of bombs used in the fight … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 03/16/2016
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700, Wednesday, 4 May 2016
NAS Oceana Officers Club
The March 2016 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Tomcat Brick
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Statue bases or Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 04/10/2016
HRANA Squadron May Luncheon
When: Wednesday, 18 May 2016
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Naval Aviation Museum Foundation Symposium
When: 4 – 6 May 2016
Where: NAS Pensacola, FL
For More Information: Click Here
All Aviation Golf Tournament
When: Friday, 27 May 2016
Where: NAS Oceana Aeropines Golf Course
For More Information: Click Here
Articles Updated: 04/28/2016
- The Basics: Inside the Carrier Air Wing
- Navy Digging Out Of Fighter Shortfall; Marines Still Struggling To Fly At Home
- A warrior’s career sacrificed for politics
- 12th US Aircraft Carrier Necessary In Increasingly Dangerous World
- The future of America’s aircraft carriers? Floating drone factories.
- Race for Latest Class of Nuclear Arms Threatens to Revive Cold War
- Twilight of Manned Flight?
- 4-star admiral wants to confront China. White House says not so fast
- Carter Unveils Goldwater Nichols Reform
- This Is Why America’s Military Is in Bad Shape
The Need For Aircraft Carriers