Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 12/08/2017
- Britain moves to restore carrier strike capability with warship commissioningPolice officers are seen in front of the HMS Queen Elizabeth during its commissioning ceremony on Dec. 7, 2017, in Portsmouth, England. (Matt Cardy/Getty Images) BY: Andrew Chuter LONDON ― … More
- Tricare contractor sending ‘corrected letters’ to retirees about paymentsBy: Karen Jowers A letter mistakenly sent to an unknown number of military retirees regarding their Tricare payments ― one that sought personal financial details and threatened a possible “interruption” … More
- USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker: Dec. 5, 2017The USNI News Fleet and Marine Tracker is sponsored by CNA. These are the approximate positions of the U.S. Navy’s deployed carrier strike groups and amphibious ready groups throughout the world as … More
- Pilot error cited in Super Hornet crashBy: Geoff Ziezulewicz A Super Hornet pilot who ejected from his jet April 21 in the West Pacific was less than 950 feet above the water when he got out … More
- Moscow Claimed U.S. Navy P-8A Was Flying Toward Russian Airspace Before Black Sea InterceptBy: Ben Werner November 28, 2017 U.S. Navy P-8A Poseidon (top) Sukhoi Su-30 (bottom) Moscow officials say a U.S. military aircraft intercepted by a Russian fighter over the Black Sea, in a … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 11/12/2017
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700 Wednesday, 3 January 2018, NAS Oceana O’Club
The November 2017 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Click Here
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Statue bases or Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 12/08/2017
HRANA Squadron January Luncheon
When: 1130, Wednesday, 17 January 2018
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
HRANA Squadron Christmas Party
When: Saturday, 16 December, 1800-2300
Where: Princess Ann Country Club, 3800 Pacific Avenue, Virginia Beach
See attached flyer for details: Click Here
Navy Blue Angels 2018 Schedule: Click Here
Articles Updated: 12/05/2017
- Report to Congress on Ford Class Carrier Program
- China’s military power already on par with US in East Asia
- China’s aircraft carrier conundrum: hi-tech launch system for old, heavy fighter jets
- GAO report: F-35 program challenged by slow maintenance and shortages of parts
- What will the Navy’s future aircraft carriers look like? They could be much smaller.
- Panel: Pentagon Facing Future Recruiting Challenge Due to Lack of Candidates
- Recent Carrier Deployment Raises More Questions About Navy’s Rash of Physiological Episode
- What are Trump’s military options in North Korea?
- SLOW DEATH OF THE AIRWING
- COURSE CORRECTION: THE NAVY NEEDS TO INVEST IN PEOPLE, NOT JUST PLATFORMS