Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 03/23/2017
- Lockheed working on solution for F-35 nose gear problemBy: Aaron Mehta WASHINGTON — In the next few weeks, Lockheed Martin expects to see a preliminary report on a potential fix for a nose gear problem on the F-35C, with an … More
- Push to move a Norfolk-based aircraft carrier to Florida restartedBy Bill Bartel The Virginian-Pilot Florida’s congressional delegation has restarted its campaign to move a Norfolk-based aircraft carrier to Naval Station Mayport in Jacksonville. In a March 20 letter to … More
- ‘Pivot to the Pacific’ is over, senior U.S. diplomat saysBy: Aaron Meht WASHINGTON – The Obama administration’s Pacific Rebalance effort – also known as the Pivot to the Pacific — effort is officially dead, according to a top State … More
- China stealth jet enters service, navy building ‘first class’ fleet By Ben Blanchard China has put into service its new generation J-20 stealth fighter, a warplane it hopes will narrow the military gap with the United States, as senior … More
- Trump vows to build ’12-carrier Navy’ during visit to USS Gerald R. FordBy: Mark D. Faram BOARD THE USS GERALD R. FORD, Newport News, Va. — President Donald Trump told sailors and shipboard workers aboard the yet-to-be commissioned aircraft carrier Gerald R. Ford that … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 01/14/2017
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700 Wednesday, 3 May 2017, NAS Oceana O’Club
The March 2017 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Tomcat Brick
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Statue bases or Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 03/24/2017
HRANA Squadron April Luncheon
When: 1130, Wednesday, 19 April 2017
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Speaker: Captain Richard “Phyn” Meadows, USN, Commanding Officer, NAS Oceana
Biography: Click Here
HRANA Annual Flight Suit Social
When: Friday 5 May 2017, 1800-2200
Where: NAS Oceana LSO School
For More Info: Click Here
VAW-123 50th Anniversary Celebration
When: 20, 21 April 2017
For Details: Click Here
Articles Updated: 03/14/2017
- Versatile V-22 Osprey Is The Most Successful New Combat System Since 9-11
- What’s the purpose of President Trump’s Navy?
- Special Report : Aircraft carriers, championed by Trump, are vulnerable to attack
- Here’s how the F-35 stacks up to Russia and China’s 5th-generation aircraft
- VCNO: Navy Will Be “Flat Out Of Money” Without Supplemental Funding
- A GUIDE TO THE FLEET THE UNITED STATES NEEDS
- America Has Too Many Military Bases
- Dear Trump: Open the Procurement Black Box
- EA-18G Growler Crew Saved By Portland-Based PJs After Canopy Explosion
- America’s First Step toward Reclaiming Naval Power
Letter From U.S. Senator Warner (Virginia) On Carrier Gap: Click Here
The Need For Aircraft Carriers And Maritime Patrol/Helicopters