Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 10/20/2016
- Take a look at these fantastic photographs of U.S. Navy aircraft flying over USS Zumwalt advanced multi-mission guided-missile destroyerBy David Cenciotti MQ-4C, E-2D, C-2A, P-8A, F-35 and SH-60R flew over USS Zumwalt in Chesapeake USS Zumwalt, the U.S. Navy’s newest and most technologically advanced surface ship, was commissioned … More
- Carrier Air Wing One undergoes command changeBy Brock Vergakis The Virginian-Pilot VIRGINIA BEACH The Navy’s Carrier Air Wing One has a new commanding officer. Capt. John E. Perrone relieved Capt. Benjamin L. Hewlett of command during … More
- Navy launches Tomahawk missiles at rebel sites in Yemen after attacks on U.S. shipsBy Dan Lamothe U.S. Navy launches strike against Houthi rebel sites in Yemen Tomahawk missiles were launched from the USS Nitze early Thursday off the coast of Yemen. The missiles … More
- More Room For Top Gun: Navy Wants to Triple Nevada Training Ranges(USNI 6 OCT 16) By: Gidget Fuentes Excerpt: Under the proposal, the Navy also seeks the permitted use of another 604,789 acres, or 945 square miles, of public lands that’s … More
- The Navy’s most expensive aircraft carrier ever is on track to miss its delivery deadline – againBy Courtney Mabeus The Virginian-Pilot NEWPORT NEWS With only weeks to go, the Navy’s most expensive aircraft carrier to date is on track to miss the service’s November delivery deadline. … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 09/18/2016
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700 Wednesday, 2 November 2016, NAS Oceana O’Club
The September 2016 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Tomcat Brick
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
Your contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Statue bases or Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 10/20/2016
HRANA Squadron November Luncheon
When: 1130, Wednesday, 16 November 2016
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Articles Updated: 10/20/2016
- Commentary: Why Putin is unleashing his only aircraft carrier
- Report proposes canceling U.S. aircraft carriers, investing in lasers to combat Russia and China
- F-35s to become Eyes and Ears of the Fleet
- Marine aviation is plagued with problems and it needs serious attention now
- Commentary: Another Carrier Review Is A Waste of Time – At This Time
- U.S. Overseas Bases Are Much More Vulnerable Than Aircraft Carriers
- Is the Era of the Aircraft Carrier Over?
- US Navy’s Mighty Aircraft Carriers Plan to Fight While Under Enemy A2/AD Attack
- WHO’S RESPONSIBLE FOR THE NAVY’S CARRIER SHORTAGE?
- HOW CONGRESS AND THE PENTAGON JOINED FORCES TO WORSEN THE NAVY’S CARRIER GAP
The Need For Aircraft Carriers And Maritime Patrol/Helicopters