Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 05/23/2016
- Virginia suburbanites freaked out by noise from OspreysJeff Schogol, Marine Corps Times Some Northern Virginia residents apparently object to the sound of freedom. People in Arlington are increasingly complaining about the noise from V-22 Ospreys flying over their … More
- China Contests Pentagon Account of ‘Unsafe’ Intercept of U.S. Navy Surveillance Plane by PLA FightersBy: Sam LaGrone Chinese J-11 fighter jet is seen flying near a U.S. Navy P-8 Poseidon about 215 km (135 miles) east of China’s Hainan Island. DoD Photo China is … More
- Marine Corps V-22 Osprey Could Get ‘Kamikaze’ MissileThe Switchblade is a small “kamikaze” drone designed to be launched by a service member but which can also be tossed out of the back of an MV-22 Osprey for … More
- Navy League 2016: US Navy’s CVN 78 on track for September deliveryGrace Jean, National Harbor, Maryland – IHS Jane’s Navy International Key Points Gerald R Ford is 98% complete and is expected to deliver in late September The final 2% of … More
- Marines Declared F-35 IOC Despite Deficiencies That “Preclude Mission Readiness”By Giovanni de Briganti PARIS — The Marine Corps declared Initial Operational Capability of their Lockheed F-35B fighter last July despite a number of deficiencies “that preclude aircraft mission readiness … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 05/15/2016
Board of Directors Meeting: 1700, Wednesday, 6 July 2016
NAS Oceana Officers Club
The May 2016 Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
F-14 Tomcat Sunset Monument Commemorative Brick
For additional information, click here: Tomcat Brick
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Fund Raising Appeal
May2016BODMay2016BODYour contributions will help support the maintenance of the Naval Aviation Monument. Special sponsorship opportunities are available which will be recognized with engraved memorial inscriptions at the Statue bases or Donor Wall.
For more information: Click Here
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 03/16/2015
Events Updated: 05/19/2016
HRANA Squadron June Luncheon
When: Wednesday, 29 June 2016
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Speaker: Lockheed Martin giving the latest update on the F-35 Program
All Aviation Golf Tournament
When: Friday, 27 May 2016
Where: NAS Oceana Aeropines Golf Course
For More Information: Click Here
Memorial Day Ceremony
WHEN: Monday, May 30.2016, Noon to 1 PM
WHERE: Tidewater Veterans Memorial, 19th Street across from the Virginia
Beach Convention Center
HRANA will place a wreath
Articles Updated: 05/17/2016
- On the Brink of Disaster: Can Congress Save the U.S. Military?
- The Marines Are Running Out of Fighter Jets
- TOP GUN AT 30: A RETROSPECTIVE FROM TWO NAVAL AVIATORS
- The Basics: Inside the Carrier Air Wing
- Navy Digging Out Of Fighter Shortfall; Marines Still Struggling To Fly At Home
- A warrior’s career sacrificed for politics
- 12th US Aircraft Carrier Necessary In Increasingly Dangerous World
- The future of America’s aircraft carriers? Floating drone factories.
- Race for Latest Class of Nuclear Arms Threatens to Revive Cold War
- Twilight of Manned Flight?
The Need For Aircraft Carriers