Naval Aviation has a strong connection with Virginia Beach and Hampton Roads. We’re proud to be a part of the naval history created here. The Hampton Roads Squadron of the Association of Naval Aviation welcomes you to explore this ANA website for current and historical information, to learn about upcoming events and membership opportunities.
Disclaimer: The HRANA Squadron is a non-profit organization and does not endorse any political candidate.
News Updated: 05/23/2013
- Unmanned MQ-4C Triton Completes First Flight(NAVY LIVE BLOG 22 MAY 13) … Rear Admiral Sean S. Buck The arrival of Triton, accompanied by two other unmanned systems, the MQ-8B/C Firescout and X-47B UCAS capability demonstrator, … More
- BRAC Sparks A K Street Boom(POLITICO 22 MAY 13) … Byron Tau A new round of Pentagon base closures could be two years away — if at all — but it’s already got business booming … More
- U.S. Air Force To Move Forward Target Date For F-35 Use(REUTERS 20 MAY 13) … Andrea Shalal-Esa WASHINGTON – The U.S. Air Force plans to start operational use of Lockheed Martin Corp.-built F-35 fighter jets in mid-2016, a year earlier … More
- Does Navy Drone Spell The End Of The Super Hornet?St. Louis-built fighter has three years of production left. What then? (ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH 19 MAY 13) … Tim Logan Something happened on the deck of an aircraft carrier off … More
- The Ford-Class Carrier, The F-35C and ‘Spider Web’ War At Sea(BREAKING DEFENSE 15 MAY 13) … Robbin Laird and Ed Timperlake An aircraft carrier is nothing without aircraft, and a Navy aircraft is worth little without a carrier. It’s ships … More
Bulletin Board Updated: 05/19/2013
Board of Directors meeting, 1800 Wednesday, 5 June at the NAS Oceana 'O' Club.
The May Board of Directors meeting minutes are now posted: Click Here
Space Available: Any military members wishing to fly Space A, the Norfolk MAC terminal will send you a flight schedule for the month. E-mail address to request schedule is SpaceA@airtermnorva.navy.mil.
Purchase a F-14 Tomcat Brick
For More Information: Click Here
We salute the proud heritage of Naval Aviation that has had many of its beginnings in Hampton Roads. Since 1910, many men and women have trained here, manning aircraft carriers, planes, ships and subs. Don't miss this beautiful Navy memorial on the Virginia Beach oceanfront boardwalk, honoring the airmen and women who help defend our country and protect all Americans.
Visit Admiral Metz's blog on the military issues affecting us all.
Of Interest Updated: 05/03/2013
Events Updated: 05/22/2013
HRANA Squadron June Luncheon
1130, Wednesday, 19 June 2013
Where: Fireside Room, Shifting Sands Club, NAS Oceana Dam Neck Annex
Wings Over America Annual Golf Tournament
Friday, May 24, 2013
For More Information: Click Here
Battle of Midway Ceremony
1000, Tuesday, June 4, 2013
Where: Naval Aviation Monument Park, Atlantic Avenue & 25th Street
Articles Updated: 05/22/2013
- A Fleet Design In Decline
- The $4 Billion Shipbuilding Shortfall
- Stealth, Range Are Key
- No Greater Honor
- Reckless Abandonment
- 2-Star: Air Wing Has To Evolve
- The Interview: Congressman J. Randy Forbes
- Can China’s Top Guns Fly?
- Beyond F-35: Rep. Forbes & Adm. Greenert On Cyber, Drones & Carriers
- Why America Still Needs Aircraft Carriers